Understanding Crime Scene Investigations Description
Understanding Crime Scene Investigations teaches you the fundamental theories of physical evidence practically applied as well as the legal consideration involved in the collection, preservation, and presentation in court.
Here’s what you will learn in this course:
- Recognizing items of evidentiary value.
- Proper evidence collection and preservation including trace, impression, biological, firearm, and fingerprint evidence.
- Crime scene photography including various types of scenes, victim, evidence, and suspect photography.
- Crime scene sketching, measuring, and diagramming.
- Special types of cases will also be discussed including arson, child abuse, bomb, officer-involved shootings, dumped bodies, sexual assaults, and clandestine labs.