The Complete Book of Woodcarving: Everything You Need to Know to Master the Craft (Fox Chapel Publishing) Comprehensive Guide with Expert Instruction, 8 Beginner-Friendly Projects, and Over 350 Photos – Everett Ellenwood Description
The Complete Book of Woodcarving by Everett Ellenwood boasts one of the most thorough and complete guidance on woodcarving, ready to take your skills to the next level, even if you never touch a piece of wood before. Seasoned woodworkers may find fresh and exciting tips and tricks on finishing their products while beginners who have just got introduced to this field of art can easily grasp the hang of techniques and soon make their first complete pieces.
By the end of this book, you will be able to see through the perspective of Everett Ellenwood’s more than 40 years of experience – a nationally renowned carving instructor – with insightful tips and practical advice supported by more than 350 vivid photos for illustrative purposes.
Here are what you will learn in this book:
- Eight class projects for building skills and refining knowledge
- Sharpening your tools as how a professional does
- Essential fundamentals for wood carving and even more advanced techniques
- Every classic type of wood carving
- Knowing your way around popular woods, paints, and finishes