Carving the Human Face, Second Edition, Revised & Expanded Description
With this freshly extended and revised edition of Carving the Human Face, you can learn the techniques you need to hand-carve faces in wood!
This book is your ticket to carving realistic portraits while learning from a world-champion carver known for his lifelike wood busts. It provides a wealth of how-to knowledge for woodworkers and wood carving artists.
This revised edition offers helpful information on methods for modeling the eyes, nose, mouth, hair, skin, muscle, hats, headdresses, and more. It also includes new wood carving patterns and images. This book will motivate you to start hand-carving your own pieces of wooden art by opening with a gallery of the author Jeff Phares’ amazing hand-carved wooden sculptures of cowboys, frontiersmen, and Native Americans.
Here’s what you learn:
- Your ultimate resource for carving lifelike human portraits in wood
- Shaping techniques for detailed facial features, hair, skin, muscles, and accessories
- Expert tips for using tools, sketching designs, fixing common mistakes, and more
- Practice project for a Native American warrior, step-by-step, from start to finish
- Inspiring gallery of the author and master carver Jeff Phares’ amazing work